Monday 25 January 2010

Rubberband Ball 2

Well on Friday I threw down the gauntlet to my son Harvey & told him that I too was making a rubberband ball. His face was a picture when I showed him what I had done, (picture from previous post can be found here http://tartanbaffies.blogspot.com/2010/01/rubber-band-ball.html)
The contest hotted up yesterday when we decided to go swimming, walking up to the bus stop we saw the pavement littered with red elastic bands (slight exaggeration!) & the fight began as to who could collect the most - well, I picked up 32 & Harv found 22 (so he said, I'm not so sure). Anyway mines is biggest so far & weighs in at 31gms compared to Harvey's 26gms.
Here's a photo of my gigantic effort -


2 comments:

jon said...

Your gigantic effort.. and your rubber ball..! ;) What's with your head in the shot..! :D

Duncan said...

I remember making rubber band balls as a kid - one lad made a football out of them - we use to get the bands from the posties, that was until school found out and banned them from handing them over. Happy days.